Sunday 19 April 2009

Olympic Fever

After living in Beijing for almost a year, we thought we should at least try to get to the Olympic Park once.  I have to say I was completely blown away - the buildings were amazing, but it was the emotion there that touched me.  I look at the work and the organisation that had to happen for the Olympics to be a success and you can almost touch the pride of the Chinese people as you walk around this place.
 I have to say this was one of the best days I have had in China so far.






8 comments:

Chell said...

Love the angles of the buildings. glad you got to check it out

shirley said...

I always said I would take my kids to China in 2009 - after the Olympics - to see all of the stadiums and cool structures. Such grand work. I love how you captured both the new and the traditional (people, the bike).

pat said...

Donnah--I am assuming that is the "Bird's Nest". I love the shot with the bicycle--it really gives scale and dimension to that amazing building! Wonderful!!

Meaghan said...

These are great! I love the bicycle.

Unknown said...

Awsome captures.

Anonymous said...

I love the bike shot in from of the huge modern building!

Mandy said...

I am in such awe of the transformation they had to create for the event. I love all of the details you captured in these shots.

Reds said...

As always - love your shots of your part of the world! Amazing architecture! And love the family shot!