Monday 20 April 2009

Generation Gap

I fell in love with this old man the minute I saw him. He was visiting the Bird's Nest.  His clothes tell me he is from the country (he is still wearing the traditional dress from the Cultural Revolution days) and so did his responses - he kept walking around looking and touching everything.  He was so amazed by the cameras and he kept looking at my camera and wanting to see what it did, to be more specific what the digital screen on the back did.


 This shot below is my favourite one, he just could not stop watching anyone take photos.
  He is looking at a stranger here.



9 comments:

janett said...

Isn't it amazing at what we take for granted? LOVE that last shot.

pat said...

These are priceless! Love love that face--so much life and experience etched into it. The last shot is wonderful--the juxtaposition of old and new, modern and traditional. Very cool. You must see vignettes like this all the time.

Unknown said...

How funny my great grand grampa did the same with my camera.

Christy said...

What perfect pictures. I love the colors and the details of his face on the first one; but the story told by the second picture is wonderful.

Meaghan said...

These are great! I love the look on his face in the second one.

Mandy said...

What a great interaction you have captured here! I think that technology definitely does put a gap in generations everywhere around the world.

Reds said...

Love your portrait of the man - so interesting! And love the second one for the look he's got!

Jess said...

He is so cute! I love these, he has such a childlike look of wonder about him. Amazing.

shirley said...

I would love to hear his story - where is he from? What are his impressions of all this modern stuff, because, clearly, he is interested. Great job with these captures.