Tuesday 21 April 2009

Inside the Bird's Nest

At the Olympic Park you are able to go inside the Bird's Nest. This was such an experience. I have to be honest I had goose bumps up my arms as we walked in. We were able to go down onto the running track and look around. There were so many fantastic shots - the thing that really caught my eye was the rows and rows of red seats and the guards- I am sorry if I bore you with all the shots, it seemed that every angle I looked at them, I saw something visually pleasing.










8 comments:

pat said...

I LOVE these! I am always fascinated by repetitive patterns, and you're right--there are scores of them here. Nice shots. Love the last one of the guard--he looks like he is wearing his dad's uniform.

shirley said...

Oh, I love these - the perspective is great! I never get tired of the repetition. Of course, the seats are red, but I wonder about that white one...

Meaghan said...

I love all your different perspectives. The guards look a little bored. :)

Cathi Green said...

These are great shots. I love the red and the repetition. Do you know why that one seat is white? Were those seats comfortable? I hope you enjoyed your day in the nest. That 3rd shot is my favorite, the abstract feel of it is great.

Nicki said...

Oh, I agree - the seat shots are so appealing. Great captures.

Reds said...

Can never be bored by your wonderful photos - I would have been doing the same!! Beautiful job!

Angela2932 said...

Oh, just keep these photos coming! This really was a great site for repetition! Are the guards all about even when nothing is scheduled?

Bri said...

Awesome angles and lines to these photos. Great set!