Tuesday 18 November 2008

I am seeing stripes.....

We took a trip to the zoo to see the Pandas - they were amazing but so to were the zebras. I have never seen one in real life and they just blew me away. It certainly makes you appreciate their creator when you see them.

The Beijing zoo is fascinating, but not very animal friendly. The giraffe spent the whole time licking the walls. Despite signs telling you not to feed the animals everyone did. What concerned me was the fact that they were feeding them anything they could find. Leaves, potato chips, bread and even chocolate. I felt so sorry for these beautiful creatures.



12 comments:

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Really cool shots of the zebra. Nice b/w. LOL

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

These are really nice shots of the zebra, but it makes me sad that people are feeding them food not intended for them. Did you get any shots of the pandas? :)

Joanne Fowler said...

Beautiful captures!

Anonymous said...

these are great shots. I love the first one!
Cari

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Becky said...

I love zebras, and I love the b/w photo here. Sad to hear that about the zoo. When my son was little he would tell people at zoos who fed animals, "You're not supposed to do that!"

Liz said...

Is it wrong that I really like the shot of the zebra butt?

Matt Koceich said...

Zebras are very amazing designs!!!

Polaris Princess said...

Love the B&W one as well. Not happy to hear about people feeding the animals. They should be more strict. :( Anyway, great pictures none the less!

Jess said...

Aww! The zebras are my favorites! I love their intricate designs. Were there any zoo babies when you went?

pat said...

Love these shots! Dis you know that each zebra has individual stripe designs, kinda like human fingerprints? I love the intricacy of the design in the stripes.

Angela2932 said...

So beautiful!!!! These are just gorgeous. I just finished reading "Life of Pi", and the story includes much details about zoos. And disturbing sections on what people feed to zoo animals.