Wednesday 12 November 2008

The Dirt Market

I have been in a funk photo wise. I just have been so busy with work and the kids that I haven't allowed myself anywhere near my photos. My self imposed exile is over.

There is this amazing place called the Dirt Market - it actually isn't on dirt, but I think it used to be. You can buy all sorts of cultural artifacts and a lot of cultural revolution memorabilia. I love this place and often go there just to escape. These are a few that I have edited.

13 comments:

Chell said...

Oh those are cool. I would love to go to a place like that...

Amy said...

Oh WOW. Love the one of all the paper lanterns. I want to visit!

Mom2Drew said...

OK, those lanterns are amazing!!! If we could trade places for a week...

Reds said...

What amazing colors and details!! And love that last shot!!

Shannon said...

Wow! Very cool!

Vanessa said...

Wow, what a fun place to take pictures! LOVE the last one.

Sharon said...

Nice captures!

Liz said...

Love that second shot... hmmm the third one too. I can so see these as a grouping on a wall. Great job!

Suzy said...

Great captures!

Anonymous said...

So neat! I love their little cards and bikes over there. Its so amazing to see other countries.

pat said...

LOVE love the lanterns! What a great shot--the color, the sizes, the shapes... And the shot of Mao juxtaposed with the smiling Buddha is just oo cool.

Angela2932 said...

I'm so glad you're back! I love that last photo with the bikes! Even if you're in a photo funk, just show us old photos, because it's such an interesting view into another world.

Bobbi said...

I love getting a glimpse into other cultures through you. Those color shots are so vibrant.