Friday 26 October 2007

POTD - A Chore I Hate

Looking forward to a better theme next week. This photo fits the theme - just. A chore I hate is telling my kids to be polite. Here in Korea everyone is fascinated by my girls blue eyes and not blonde hair. The are constantly being touched and talked to. Everyone is so polite and friendly. The problem is that the girls don't see it and they get embarassed. This in turn causes them to often be rude. I try to encourage them to see that they are bringing joy, but it is all too much.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Oh, I can totally see how that would be difficult. Nice shot, though! Love that it's at Starbucks! (I'm a total sucker for the place)

Deb said...

yeah, I can see how that would be difficult. mmmm. starbucks....

This picture really captures what you are saying. Your kids are shrinking away from the man. I kinda don't blame though though, I'm not familiar with Korea's customs, but I wouldn't want my kids touched either.

Jess said...

I know how you feel! My kids can be SO rude sometimes, even when people are trying to be friendly. Sigh...

Joanne Fowler said...

Awww... I guess it gets old and annoying. I remember being there once and a girl with blonde hair walked by and many were commenting that she was and angel! It's unusual to them. Neat shot to remember the moment!